For me, seeing or reading about others who have traveled the adoption road makes it all seem more real to me! Since deciding to adopt I feel like the number of hours of sleep I get has decreased tremendously. I'm sure those of you who have walked this path know exactly what I am talking about...there is a whole lot of adoption blog reading, gotcha day video watching, and learning about Ethiopia to do!!! Of course, this is all compounded by the fact that my little princess wakes up by 5:30am each morning ready to GO! I wanted to share with you all one of the gotcha day videos that really impacted us during our short time frame of considering adoption....I say short time because I am pretty sure when you are done watching this you will understand how we quickly came to realize that not only was this something we COULD do, it was something we desperately NEEDED to do for so many reasons! What struck me so deeply was watching this little girl come home to a FAMILY- to BROTHERS and SISTERS! Sure, there are lots of kids in an orphanage- but that's not what it means to have siblings though....siblings are the ones who drop everything for you and love you no matter what- and now she has that- 6 times over! It still brings tears to my eyes!! So here it is- the Gotcha Day video that changed it all for me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment