Monday, July 18, 2011

And A 14.7 Update!!

I apologize that I have failed to give a 14.7 update until now! Well- I took on that goal not quite realizing that the "little jump" from 10-11 miles a week to 14.7 miles would be such a challenge for me! I know it doesn't seem like a huge jump but for some reason it was for me. So the first two weeks of July I fell short of my goal- whether due to training issues, the heat we have been experiencing, or sick kids. Either way- it did not happen the first two weeks! However, this past week I did it! I got in a long run on the treadmill at the gym that definitely helped get the mileage up! Today I ran three miles with the kids- they were so well-behaved it was almost eerie LOL! I so wanted to give up with about a fourth of a mile left so I tried to get little man excited about it so he would cheer me along. He started yelling, "Yay mommy, you're almost there, go!!!" Well we hit the three mile marker-( did I mention they are REAALLY starting to weigh down the stroller??) and I was SO excited! Even little man who is not really aware of the 14.7 goal was so happy and he just made my day by saying, "Mommy, daddy is going to be so proud of you when he gets home!" So, we're going for it again next week- wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment