I think it is safe to say that since returning home from our Home Study Orientation we have both felt a strong desire to move quickly through the remainder of the Home Study paperwork! And- I think we are almost there. The kids got their TB tests today. I was not anticipating how hard that would be for me. For some reason, I felt bad! I think it might be because at this point- they really don't have a clue what is going on! Sure, little man might notice that mommy and daddy have been hustling and bustling about- but let's face it- Grammy is still here so that is keeping him well-distracted! But he really doesn't understand that all the hustling and bustling has an end purpose. We have chosen to hold off sharing the news for right now. He is at the age where everything happens "after nap". "After nap" we go in the pool, "after nap" we go to Target, and most often "after nap" we will go to the park. So we just didn't feel it was a good idea to present an event that is mostly likely a year away just yet. So, we drove to the doctor under the premise that I had to drop off some paperwork (yes, I know that was wrong!) In the end, a TB test is really no more than a pinch and he didn't even respond right away. Little miss went second and screamed from the time he started crying until she left the office and was offered a bottle! All in all, after a few minutes my guilt started fading. I don't like seeing them hurt at all- but I kept telling myself- wow, if only they could understand what an amazing process they are a part of! I'm proud of them- even if they have no idea what they were doing!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I'm so glad you write this blog. It helps me keep track of you since we don't get to talk as much these days. It's all so amazing...and a little surreal. It's a perfect fit for you two though. Love to all!
ReplyDeleteThank you Cynthia!! And thank you for opening our eyes during your journey as well!! Can't wait to meet those precious boys of yours SO SOON!
ReplyDelete