Today, at 6am, I prayed a simple prayer...
I asked God for patience that would last the day...
That I would strive less to be a perfect mother...
And more the mother that my children would remember....
Loving them deeply...
Enjoying them fully...
And creating lasting memories.
So, what I discovered is that God listens to all prayers, even the simple ones prayed from bed with one eye still closed- because we had a great day! We played outside before 8am- filling a bucket with bubbles and having fun with lots of different bubble wands. We picked blackberries with friends, ate ice cream BEFORE lunch (at least we ate lunch too!), ate dinner as a family, and took an early evening bike ride/walk. Everybody was in a great mood today- or maybe I was in a great mood- sometimes that makes all the difference!
Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Well, I suppose I should've prayed this prayer today. Thank you for writing it.
ReplyDelete