This past weekend was filled with LOTS of activities! Summer around these parts brings lots of birthday parties (lots of summer birthdays in our family and amongst our friends), bbqs, beach and pool time, and lots going on around our city. So this weekend was filled with all that- and the not so fun part of saying good-bye to great friends who will be moving quite a distance away next week. The MOST exciting part of my weekend though was attending a donations dinner for a wonderful friend who is about to make her way over to Ethiopia NEXT WEEK! We all brought clothes, shoes, toys, baby supplies etc...and she will pack them all up to take over with her. To say I'm excited for her is an understatement! Her passion is what led us to learn more about Ethiopia- and I'm so thankful God was opening our hearts at just the right time to be used by Him in such a way as adoption! I will never cease to be amazed by the timeliness of all of it! Some of you know Kim over at the http://thechangemecrew.blogspot.com! If not, PLEASE go check out her blog and send her an encouraging message- the girl is headed out to do some incredible stuff NEXT WEEK and y'all know I'll be sitting here praying she is used by the Lord in remarkable ways!
When I grow up I want to cook like her....check out these adorable cookies she made....and I think my face gives away just how HAPPY and EXCITED I am to be on this adoption journey....
So where are we in the adoption process right now? Well, we got an email filled with LOTS of attachments last week. These attachments comprise our home study...along with a few interviews that will be conducted in various ways. We are getting started on all that paperwork- which will include physicals and fingerprinting....this will take us a couple of months- no way to know exactly how long right now as it will depend on the schedules of all involved. Also we will be waiting on certain copies of forms that will need to be submitted with the home study. Lots of question marks on the timeline here but our prayers are that it is a speedy and smooth process....do you think the Lord will teach us patience on this journey- of that I have NO doubt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




You are the cutest thing EVER!! I love those cookies!! Found your bloggy blog on the Yahoo group, so I just wanted to say hey! Where do you guys live? Email me so we can bond! :D
ReplyDeleteLindsey
almcrock.blogspot.com
lindseycrock@gmail.com