Thursday, June 23, 2011

Knock, Knock....Who's there?

MEALS ON WHEELS!!

I can't tell you how excited I am about this outreach opportunity! Meals on Wheels has been on my heart for a long time- way back to when I was a newlywed- my dearest friend and I used to joke that one day I would be driving around a big ole' station wagon with my kiddos loaded in the back delivering bread to homeless shelters and meals to the needy. Well, that time came sooner than I thought but here we are, meet your newest Meals on Wheels delivery folks:

What I absolutely love is that my sweethearts can come along for the ride! My little man LOVES knocking on people's doors and he typically doesn't wait for an invite to come inside. I think he would visit all day if I let him! He asks a lot of questions about what we are doing but since his momma loves cooking whenever given the chance- around these parts its usually for a new mommy/baby- he is pretty used to delivering meals around town! Yesterday I told him, "Guess what, we get to go to work again tomorrow!" He said, "They're hungry again?" That made me laugh! You know what though- it shows me the wheels in that adorable little head are turning!

Here he is all excited to get to the nursing home to pick up the food...

Some days I really miss all the volunteer work I was able to do early in our marriage when I was working on my Masters degree- but lately, I feel extremely blessed that God is opening more and more doors for me to get involved in the community again- especially when I can bring my babies along! I'm all about raising RADICAL kids!

1 comment:

  1. That is fantastic! Zeke, Mirah and I should do this. Can you PM me contact info?

    ReplyDelete