FROM AFRICA!!!
Yes, you read that correctly! We are about to begin the adoption process and have created this blog to invite you all along on the journey! It will be quite a journey, that is for sure! There is nothing quick or easy about the process, but we are SO excited that at the end of it, we will welcome our third child into our family!
So, I am sure you are all wondering, why adoption? Our family has been blessed so tremendously! We have two beautiful children and an amazing life! Several months ago, God also BLESSED us with a burden for third world countries. It began as a small inkling in our thoughts and grew to a burden that physically weighed on our hearts. We read the most amazing book, "Radical" by David Platt, and we felt called to put our Christian faith to the test. We felt challenged to not just FOLLOW Jesus but to LIVE AS HE LIVED. We did not feel comfortable being comfortable anymore. Of course, as only God can master a plan, He WORKED in our lives...and the lives of our family members! Not knowing where to start, we prayed a simple prayer, "Lord, break our hearts for what breaks yours." WOW! He did just that! Of course, when you pray that prayer you should also BRACE YOURSELF! Very quickly, in just a matter of four days, He strongly turned our thoughts towards adoption- specifically Ethiopia- and CONFIRMED through at least 3 circumstances that we were hearing Him correctly! Let us just say, there was no denying this calling.
We asked each other this week, "How did we become set on Ethiopia?" Well, the answer is, we BOTH just knew! I know that answer is certainly not detailed by any means, but sometimes you just have to have faith! A good friend shared with us about her own journey and the orphanages in Ethiopia and once we KNEW we just could not turn away. Looking at pictures and reading about malnourished and starving children certainly made us WANT to do SOMETHING! We are very open to answering questions about this part of our decision, so if you want to learn more about Ethiopia or adoption- just ask us! We will do the best we can to either answer your question or find the answer for you. We are still learning lots!
While many families might wait to share their BIG news until further into the process-we have very consciously chosen to share it from the beginning! We will share with you as much as we can and hopefully it will not only help you to understand the adoption process, but allow you to be EXCITED with us! In doing so, we ask that you remain respectful of any hiccups that we may face during the process. As I said previously, it is a long process, and there will most certainly be delays when it comes to tracking down certain pieces of paper or setting appointments. Beyond all else, we ask that you open your hearts to our experience and encourage and pray for us along the way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



AWESOME! We are so excited for you! I love having 3 kids. I guess I'll have to get used to 4, but I'm just staying 3 is great! We will be praying for you!
ReplyDeleteI'm thrilled to be able to follow your journey and pray for you guys as you begin this process! I'm super excited for you guys! :)
ReplyDeleteSO so so exciting!! It really is amazing what God can do through adoption. I'm so glad you guys started a blog so I can follow your process and know how I can pray with you guys.
ReplyDeleteWe prayed that prayer, too ("Break our hearts for what breaks Yours") and you're so right, you better hold on tight when you ask that!
I can't wait to see the amazing things God has in store for you and Bex!
Congratulations! You are at the very beginning of an incredible journey. I am so excited for you and your family!
ReplyDeleteWe are also adopting from Ethiopia through AWAA. And, like you, we felt God call us to adoption shortly after we read Radical. It has not always been easy...there have been difficult/frustrating moments. But it has been an amazing blessing and our faith has been strengthened. God is so good! I could go on and on! ;)
So glad I found your blog (very cute, by the way!). I look forward to following along.
So excited for you! Good luck on your adoption journey!!! It will be an AMAZING experience...
ReplyDelete