Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Remind me Who I am

Somewhere between July and last month I began praying in a different way for our boys. In the beginning, when all that is practical and reasonable held us back from saying YES, I prayed "Lord, please help them find a family"....and then one day I started praying..."Lord, please let them know they are so loved by me" and that is when it really began to impact me.....I loved them....WE were their family. I know, I have never met them, all I have is pictures- but I have to believe that is the way God has designed it for the waiting children. That at some point in time, somehow, somebody will stumble across their picture and feel "on the moment of impact" destined to be their family. The great thing about blogs is that you can literally go back in time and see how God had been working all along.....go here to see my thoughts on the night after I "found" them.

A friend said it best, "if only they knew how much someone loved them" and it resonated so clearly with me... and I fiercely began hoping and praying that somehow they would KNOW....a sudden sense of peace would just settle over their broken hearts....a knowing spirit that SOMEONE is coming....just as soon as possible. Adoption is a process....and we are wading our way through the details and mountains of paperwork right now...


I recently heard this song on KLOVE.....and it spoke so clearly to my prayer for the boys right now....Lord, remind them who they are to YOU....when they feel lonely and lost, remind them who they are to YOU, when they receive no other love, remind them who they are to YOU, and when they feel like they have lost their way, remind them who they are to YOU. They will always be HIS and we will always be grateful for the calling He has given us to be theirs.





                                         PRAYING THEM HOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment