Wednesday, September 14, 2011

If I learned anything...

As I mentioned in a previous post- this past June had the awesome opportunity (courtesy of the world's greatest mother-in-law) to attend the homeschool convention in our state. Obviously with Little Man just beginning a pre-K year- this wasn't necessary at this point, but I was looking for a little encouragement and some fun ideas! Well I very quickly found a speaker whose philosophy I couldn't agree with more! Susan, from Lifelong Learners shared during many sessions- and she definitely had my attention. Visit her website here. Well, if I learned anything from her sessions it was that learning at this young age is all about instilling a LOVE for learning. For our energetic preschoolers- the best place for that learning is OUTSIDE. So, yesterday we did just that. We are eking out the last bit of summer around here- while at the same time- VERY much looking forward to some cooler temps so we can spend even MORE time outside...




Yes, he has a yogurt mustache...


Working on pouring and transferring skills =)

Enjoy your last summer days!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment