My favorite days in church are the days that there are simply not enough seats. Doesn't it just get you excited to think that there are so many people at church that there is simply not enough space?! Well, today there were literally not enough seats...as we finished the worship time and were told to "have a seat" I let myself lean back and landed right on my husband and friend's laps. Three of us were trying to sit in the same two seats- it felt a little bit like I was the loser in musical chairs! I guess they had forgotten to inform me that after worship we were going to need to find another spot because the row was already filled up- well, I got a good laugh out of it! In all seriousness though- it was a packed house! Which made worship all the more powerful...doesn't it give you chills to hear so many passionate voices singing at once?
Today we spent a long time singing this very simple but very powerful song:
"Highest Praises, Highest Praises
Highest Praises, to the Lamb of God"
For some reason, this very simple song really impacted me today. Even while singing, all of these reasons WHY God deserves the very highest praises kept running through my head. So often, I question, "why does adoption have to take SO long?" but today I thought, "Praise God that he allows these children to BE adopted"....Praise God that He has given families the hearts to adopt and agencies the means to do the work needed. I question so much about the adoption process, but very simply (just like these lyrics) in all of the mess, frustration, doubt, confusion, and utter despair as to WHY these children must experience what they have- God deserves our HIGHEST PRAISES for all the BEAUTY that He brings from these situations. Yes, it is super hard to be patient when your heart longs to see the end result- but these are God's children (just as we are) and He is protecting them until just the RIGHT time when they will be matched with just the RIGHT family. God knows the end result and He knows exactly what it will take to get us there. Just the other night I found myself praying "I want to be the mommy to whoever you have for me." Well, He already knows who that is- and when it will be- and that very fact fascinates me! My flesh may be impatient, but God's timing is PERFECT and so I must trust...and praise Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment