Friday, May 25, 2012

One Week HOME...

Today marks one week as a family of seven! I'm not even sure where to begin this post....this week has held so much joy, pain, happiness, confusion, laughter, questioning, SINGING, hurt, dancing...so much of so many emotions. I'm not sure I will put it eloquently tonight- but I do want to have something written to remember where we are now- so one year from now I can look back. To start, the boys are doing phenomenal- I have read enough to know that they are not without their struggles and questions- and we are not without ours- but they are doing great. Are we seeing pain? Yes. Without a doubt. And rightfully so. Are we seeing happiness? ABSOLUTELY. This house has never been filled with more laughter, singing, and dancing than it has this week. We laugh so hard sometimes that tears flow....such was the other night when the two oldest and Little Man put on a show for us with traditional song and dance mixed in with some contemporary rock. Or when B (our 6 year old) came up to me at the stove and asked if he could eat "a foot"....you know- a chicken leg. They make us laugh, they challenge us, and they make us question everything we thought we knew about parenting. Isn't that every kid's job? Today when we surprised them with a trip to the beach and let them run free- they threw themselves in the water- face first into the waves...laughing huge deep belly laughs, screaming free...I thought of one word...soaking...we are soaking it all in, soaking in each other, learning how to be a family...soaking in God's plan for us...soaking in the hurt and the healing...and grateful that God had bigger plans for all of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment