I recently read a very thought provoking blog post that has kept the wheels in my head turning...you should probably go read it....here. Good stuff. I get it. If you look it up- it's hard to even get a good definition of the word radical. The best I could get was..."of or going to the root or origin; fundamental"- that's courtesy of dictionary.com. I love how this blogger describes the conundrum of always seeking the next radical thing...it's true- we want the closeness with God that comes from being in something so completely and utterly HIM- that we forget He is in EVERYTHING. He is in the daily chores of a stay- at- home mom- the ho-hum of changing diapers, and the tediousness of answering work e-mails. He is in everything that we CHOOSE to do in His name.
So, 11 days into the New Year- I've decided to make this my New Years' Resolution. As I wait day after day for the e-mail that will tell us WHEN we will travel to meet our boys- I need the constant reminder that His work is being done here too- in this house. This year instead of making ONE HUGE RESOLUTION- like to stop eating sweets, work out more, cook better meals, organize my pack rat tendencies...I'm going to make one resolution that encompasses all of it...to live radically (as He would)- here at home- by choosing to love my kids the way HE loves me- exuding patience when I want to scream, hugging them when I really would rather send them to time-out, disciplining even though I want to let this time "slide by"- to choose the response to the local cashier that HE would choose- to honor my husband the way HE honored the church, making the choices and using the words that HE would choose....and yet, remain willing to answer when and if HE calls me to do the next radical thing =) It's fun to talk about being radical in the world...but how much harder is it to be radical in your own home...I'll let you know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I agree. The mission field is sooo much harder here in our homes with our families and neighbors!
ReplyDelete