Oh, how I wish I knew how many days would be in between...and then I think...oh, how I am glad I don't. We get asked very often WHEN we will be going back for our children...I promise you, as SOON as we can we WILL go. This is totally and completely out of our hands- and that's not easy to accept- but the person whose hands it truly lies in knows best- so we will leave it to HIM.
What are we doing while we wait? Oh, you know, everything that one would need to do to prepare for three more people to move in. We were so completely and surprisingly blessed by our neighbors we GAVE us a set of bunk beds their sons have just grown out of- so we will spend this weekend painting and preparing the bedrooms our boys will sleep in. I have been going through clothes this weekend that were passed on to us and purchasing some to fill in the gaps. In my desire to be super organized I am spending time working on a meal binder to HOPEFULLY make meal planning easier for our enlarging crew- we'll see how that goes!!
My husband and I now laugh about the personality quirks of our three new additions...joking about instances that happened in Ethiopia...we laugh about what it will be like when all five personalities are mixed together...and how there will be a slight competition for who the messiest eater will be at family meals....
But, the majority of the time I find myself looking at the date on the car dashboard and thinking- really- only 8 days have passed since we passed court?!?!?!? I try to tell myself to enjoy these moments of what we know as normal before the "new" normal descends....the problem with that- I have MET these three children, they are now MY children...and they are not here...making all that once was normal- no longer normal.
So, that is where we are now...the days in between.
What are we doing while we wait? Oh, you know, everything that one would need to do to prepare for three more people to move in. We were so completely and surprisingly blessed by our neighbors we GAVE us a set of bunk beds their sons have just grown out of- so we will spend this weekend painting and preparing the bedrooms our boys will sleep in. I have been going through clothes this weekend that were passed on to us and purchasing some to fill in the gaps. In my desire to be super organized I am spending time working on a meal binder to HOPEFULLY make meal planning easier for our enlarging crew- we'll see how that goes!!
My husband and I now laugh about the personality quirks of our three new additions...joking about instances that happened in Ethiopia...we laugh about what it will be like when all five personalities are mixed together...and how there will be a slight competition for who the messiest eater will be at family meals....
But, the majority of the time I find myself looking at the date on the car dashboard and thinking- really- only 8 days have passed since we passed court?!?!?!? I try to tell myself to enjoy these moments of what we know as normal before the "new" normal descends....the problem with that- I have MET these three children, they are now MY children...and they are not here...making all that once was normal- no longer normal.
So, that is where we are now...the days in between.



No comments:
Post a Comment