Thursday, December 15, 2011

From Your Children To Ours...

This is the time of the year that we, as parents, focus a great deal of time and attention on our children. We bake cookies together, spend time making special crafts, taking trips to different events taking place throughout town- and maybe even to Santa =) Our kids make lists of their requested gifts- we check them twice (and then visit no less than 15 stores to find the desired item). We talk about the real reason for the season and we remember His birth in special ways. It really is an awesome time of the year! I know we have been having a great time baking cookies (Little man's favorite activity) and visiting some fun family-friendly activities around town.

As much as I savor this time of the year with Little Man and Little Miss- I also find my heart aching for my three children who don't even know what is in store for them this coming year (prayerfully very soon!) They don't know Christmas...they don't know the innocent joy of running downstairs to a glowing Christmas tree- to new toys, books, clothes...they don't know the joy our children experience this time of the year...

This year- I can honestly say I didn't even set foot in the mall to shop. I have passed by and can't even bring myself to walk through it- we haven't visited Santa, we didn't rush to have Christmas portraits taken...it's been a different season for us, and yet, I will treasure the memories we have made.

This season we have spent a lot of time talking about "the three little boys" that will be joining our family...Little Man is very aware of how our family is going to change- he may not know how it will fully impact and change our daily life- but he loves looking at their pictures and talking about sharing his bedroom and toys with his new brothers.

I am going to ask you to consider giving your children a unique gift this holiday season- assuming your shopping isn't complete just yet! We have decided to add something truly unique to our children's new bedroom---



Little Man is VERY into fire trucks right now...and he has opted to make that the theme of the bedroom he and the youngest of the boys will share. This is a picture of a 100-piece puzzle. We are asking our friends and family- and anyone who wishes to support us on our journey- to contribute a $5 donation- and a piece of the puzzle will be added in your name! The goal is to have all 100 pieces sponsored...which will help to fund an airline ticket home for one of our boys! You can sponsor one in YOUR name OR your CHILD'S name! You may think your child is too young to understand what they have helped to do- BUT I promise....you might just be surprised when you tell them- they have helped bring a little boy to a family who is anxiously awaiting them!! 


You can make your $5 donation using the Donate Now button on the right side of the page...please be sure to add the name you wish us to write on the back of the puzzle piece in the comments section. Thank you! 

1 comment:

  1. This makes my heart smile :) What a blessing you are to those kids...not just the three little guys who get to come to a new, loving home but the two little kiddos you already have. Your kids (all 5) will grow up with generous, loving, compassionate hearts. That's just exactly what we need in this world! I can only imagine the blessings that God is planning for your family <3
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete